What We Need for a DIVORCE LIEN
This list of documents is necessary for us to proceed with a Divorce Lien.
Documents created as a result of the divorce:
- ORIGINAL Note and Trust Deed
- Divorce Lien judgment
- Property Settlement Agreement
- Decree of Dissolution (Divorce Decree)
- Title Insurance Policy (if applicable)
- Proof of Fire / Hazard Insurance
- First lien documents (if applicable)
- Proof that child support is current (if applicable)
Property securing your note or contract:
- Address or exact location (map helpful)
- Physical description (4-bedroom house, 5 acres vacant land, apartment building, etc.)
- Opinion of value / appraisal used in the divorce
- Photographs (if available)
- Real estate property tax account number
Payments from your ex-spouse:
- Payment record for past two years (if any)
- Collection / servicing agent: name, address, phone, fax and account number
- Your name, address, phone, fax, e-mail and Social Security number
- Your lawyer's name, address, phone, fax and e-mail
- Your ex-spouse's name, address, phone, fax, e-mail and Social Security number
- Your ex-spouse's lawyer's name, address, phone, fax and e-mail
- First lien holder's name, address, phone, fax and e-mail
- Insurance agent / carrier's name, address, phone, fax and e-mail
Don't worry if you can't find all of these items. Send us what you have and we will take care of the rest.
We also need two signed permission forms that allow us to proceed.
One is required so that we may contact parties involved in the creation of your note, such as the settlement agent or escrow closer. The other is required so that we may contact other parties involved, such as the servicing agent or underlying lien holders.
Click here for the permission form. Print out two copies and return to us with proper signature(s). If you know exactly who to contact, you may fill out the form yourself. Otherwise, provide us with the signature(s) only, and we will fill it out for you.
We will take these items and check all necessary information. If everything checks out, we will proceed to close.